I think it would be fun to write a TV show-- I don't know what it would be about-- but the episode titles would have NOTHING to do with the content of the episode.
(117-127) are 3-13 May 2010.
So, before the focus of the entry, I have an issue to address, which is the difficulty I've had with uploading photos. I finally seem to be circumventing it, however.
HERE ARE THE PHOTOS FROM FLORENCE, ROME, ATHENS, AND SANTORINI.
I think I’m also going to do one comprehensive entry near the end where I give you the full directory.
Anyway, today’s goal is the record short entry: ten days in four bullet points. And three of them are about movies.
1.) I finished my Hitchcock paper. It came out pretty well: talking about how Hitchcock uses color to highlight objects important to the plot, but more importantly, to represents the personal aspects of each movie. A few examples… in Rear Window, everything outside James Stewart’s window is slightly brighter, showing how they interest him more than his drab apartment (including Grace Kelly, who is dressed in plain but bright blue jeans and a coral button-down shirt in the final shot). In Torn Curtain (underrated movie, by the way), there are small details of blue to indicate when Paul Newman and wife Julie Andrews are safe from the Germans and details of red to indicate when they’re not. Also, when Hitchcock remade The Man Who Knew Too Much in color (only story for which he did this), the remake focused on the family’s stress after their child is kidnapped, as opposed to the father’s apparent primary motive of stopping the bad guys in the original. It goes on and on… for 13 pages… in French…
2.) I turned it in and saw Kick-Ass* to celebrate.
3.) I saw Iron Man 2 a full day before it came out in the U.S. Awesome.
4.) I spent some quality time with my VWPP pals before most of us parted ways, including a second (lovely) dinner at Le Bistrot de Chez Henri (recommended in the entry titled “Days on the 10”) on Rue Princesse.
---------------------------
Footnotes don’t count toward the line limit because of a rule I just made up.
* I don’t care if it was a graphic novel first; I’m pretty damn sure this movie came about because somebody got ahold of—not one—but two of my screenplay ideas, breeded them together, and let their kid play a few too many violent video games. I liked the movie—it was smart, funny, and stylish and while the violence was gratuitous, I understood why it had to be there. But go ahead: see it, and then ask me about Superhero Guy and Black Blade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment